- PURPOSE AND SCOPE
At Schréder ("Schréder” or “we” or “us”), we are committed to protecting your privacy and we value the relationship with our business partners, customers and any party interested in our business.
This Privacy Notice (the “Notice”) outlines the types of information, including Personal Data (“Information” or “Personal Data”), we collect about our business partners, our customers and our Web site and Customer Portal users, how they are used and otherwise Processed, to whom we may disclose them as well as your rights in relation to your Information.
For ease of reference, all capitalised terms that are not defined in the body of this Notice are defined in section 5 below.
- WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR INFORMATION?
Schréder SA is a global company, operating through its Affiliates, with headquarters in Belgium, at Rue de Lusambo 67, 1190 Brussels. As the case may be, Schréder SA or any of its Affiliates will be responsible in respect to the Information we collect about you and will be referred to as Data Controller.
In particular circumstances, such as cross-border matters, Schréder SA and its Affiliates will be jointly responsible for your Information and will collaborate, to the extent necessary, to comply with our obligations under Applicable Laws.
- INFORMATION COLLECTED BY US
Schréder collects Information that are voluntarily provided by you or collected by automated means as outlined below.
Information we collect about our business partners and customers in relation to the supply of our products and services is primarily company data and business information.
- Information provided by you - If you choose not to provide us with your Information, we may be unable to supply you with our product or services. You may still visit most of our web site content, but you may be unable to access certain options, offers and services and we may be unable to register you and provide you access to our Customer Portal.
Types of Information you may be asked and thus choose to provide:
- Name and surname
- E-mail address
- Business mailing address
- Telephone number
- Postal code
- In relation to our Customer Portal, your log-in information (username and password)
- Bank account details and financial information necessary for us to make and receive payments
- Information provided to us by automated means - Schréder also collects certain Information automatically when you visit our Web sites and Customer Portal, such as:
- IP addresses and domain names
- Browser and platform type
- History of pages viewed on our Web sites
- Should you consent, your location when visiting our Customer Portal
- Your language and cookies preferences
- Information we collect from our registered customers - To the extent that you have “opted-in” to our newsletters, Schréder will also collect usage data such as who opened the e-mail sent by us and who clicked on the hyperlinks. You can always “opt-out” of such communications if you would prefer not to receive them in the future by using the “unsubscribe” facility provided in the communication itself.
For more information on the cookies we use on our Web sites and Customer Portal, please read our Cookies Notice available at the bottom of our Web sites and Portal.
- HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Purposes of Processing - We use Information we collect for the following purposes:
- To administrate our Web sites
- To communicate with you and to respond to questions that you have asked through our contact page
- To measure the performance of our e-mail campaigns and to improve our offerings
- To prepare, conclude and execute contracts with you
- For credit collection and accounting
- For sales order and customer relationships management
- To communicate, at our discretion, changes to this Notice
- To send you information that you have asked (by signing up to our newsletters)
- To improve continuously our products and services
- To customise the content of our Web sites and Customer Portal and deliver a better experience to you
- To analyse trends and statistics
- To activate and manage the online accounts for which you have registered
- Legal basis of Processing – Schréder may Process your Information on various legal basis such as:
- Preparing and entering into a contract with you; and/or
- Necessary for the establishment, exercise of defense of legal claims; and/or
- Complying with our legal or statutory obligation(s), such as anti-money laundering and fraud prevention regulations; and/or
- Your consent, as the case may be; and/or
- Our legitimate interest as outlined above.
- Should you provide us with Information related to a Third Party, you confirm that you have a legal basis to do so (consent or another lawful basis, as the case may be) to share such Information with us and that you have made the information in this Notice available to the Third Party.
- HOW WE MAY SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We will not share, sell, license, trade or rent your Information to or with any Third Party (except as stated below) without your consent.
We will only share Information as follows:
- Affiliates: We share Information within the Affiliated companies of Schréder SA.
- Law enforcement purposes: We disclose Information if requested or required by government authorities (such as law enforcement authorities, courts, and/or regulators) or otherwise to comply with a legal obligation. In addition, we also disclose Information collected in order to exercise or protect legal rights or defense against legal claims.
- Our Third-Party service providers, agents and distributors ("service providers"): We share Information with our service providers who provide services to us or on our behalf. These service providers are contractually prohibited from using your Information for any purpose other than to provide their assistance, from sharing Information we disclosed to them and are required to protect your Information.
- Transfer of Information outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”): We may transfer Information to certain Affiliates located outside the EEA. Such transfer will take place on the basis of our Intra-Group Data Transfer Agreement. Transfer to other third parties outside the EEA will take place using a data transfer mechanism in accordance with GDPR standards.
- Fraud prevention: We disclose Information when disclosure is necessary to investigate, prevent, or respond to suspected illegal or fraudulent activity or to protect the safety, rights, or property of our users, others and/or us.
- HOW WE PROTECT COLLECTED INFORMATION
We use appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your Information against unauthorised or unlawful Processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage. We also limit access to your Information to employees who reasonably need access to it to provide products or services to you.
- HOW LONG WE RETAIN INFORMATION
We will retain Information we collect for as long as necessary to perform the purposes outlined above or to comply with a legal obligation, or for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim in accordance with Applicable Laws.
- YOUR RIGHTS
The GDPR and other countries’ privacy laws provide certain rights to you. Those rights may vary depending on your location and are subject to various conditions under Applicable Laws. In certain cases, the exercise of your rights may make it impossible for us to achieve the purposes identified in section 4.
Should you want to assert your rights, please see section 10 below.
We will do our best to provide you with the requested information within the legal deadline. However, if access cannot be provided within a reasonable time frame, we will provide you with an explanation and a date when the information will be provided. If for some reason access is denied, we will provide you with an explanation as to why access has been denied.
Where Applicable Laws so provide, the following rights apply to you:
- Access: You have the right to obtain confirmation whether we Process your Information and to obtain a copy of your Personal Data;
- Rectification: You have the right to request the rectification of any inaccurate Personal Data and to have incomplete Personal Data completed;
- Objection: You have the right to object to the Processing of your Personal Data. At any time, you have the right to object to the Processing of your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes;
- Portability: You may receive your Personal Data provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. In addition, you have the right to have your Personal Data transmitted, where technically feasible, to other Data Controllers without hindrance. This right only exists if the Processing is based on your consent or a contract and the processing is carried out by automated means;
- Restriction: You may request the restriction of the Processing of your Personal Data in accordance with Article 18 paragraph 1, a) to d) of GPDR;
- Erasure: You may request the erasure of your Personal Data if it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we have collected it or when you have withdrawn your consent and no other legal ground for the Processing exists or when you objected and no overriding legitimate grounds for the Processing exists or when the Processing is unlawful or erasure is required to comply with a legal obligation;
- Right to lodge a complaint: You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent Supervisory Authority and before the competent courts;
- Right to refuse or withdraw consent: In case we ask your consent, you are free to refuse to give such consent and you can withdraw your consent at any time without any adverse negative consequences. The lawfulness of any Processing of your Personal Data that occurred prior to the withdrawal of your consent will not be affected;
- Opt-out: You can always ‘opt-out’ of any communications should you prefer not to receive them in the future by using the “unsubscribe” facility provided in the communication itself
- Right against discrimination: California residents have the right to not be discriminated against for exercising their rights under the CCPA.
- CHILDREN INFORMATION
The products and services provided on our Web sites and Portal are not intended for users under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect any Information from children under the age of 16. If we become aware that a person submitting information is under 16, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible.
Our Web sites and Portal users hereby represent that they are at least 16 or at an age to provide valid consent in their country.
For any right you would like to exercise or for any question you might have about the way we Process your Information, please contact us at email@example.com.
- AMENDMENTS TO THIS NOTICE
We may update this Notice from time to time in accordance with legal requirements and/or any changes to our Information management practices. When required, we will notify you about such change. A copy of the latest version of this Notice will always be available on this page.
Affiliates: refers to Schréder S.A.’ affiliates, which are entities under common ownership or control of Schréder S.A.
Applicable Laws: means any applicable national data protection and privacy laws and, to the extent applicable, the GDPR.
Controller: means the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and the means of the processing of Personal Data.
Customer Portal: Schréder Customer Portal (https://portal.Schreder.com).
GDPR: means the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation).
Information: any type of information about you, including Personal Data.
Personal Data: means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
Processing or Processed or Process: means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
Supervisory Authority: refers to the national public supervisory authority that is competent for supervising and enforcing compliance with any national data protection laws within its jurisdiction.
Third Party or Third Parties: means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the data subject, controller, processor and persons who, under the direct authority of the controller or processor, are authorized to process personal data.
Web sites of Schréder Affiliates: https://be.schreder.com · https://fr.schreder.com · https://nl.schreder.com · https://de.schreder.com · https://uk.schreder.com · https://sp.schreder.com · https://pt.schreder.com · https://au.schreder.com · https://hu.schreder.com · https://za.schreder.com · https://at.schreder.com · https://latin.schreder.com · https://it.schreder.com · https://ca.schreder.com · https://ua.schreder.com · https://ch.schreder.com · https://pl.schreder.com · https://ro.schreder.com · htts://rs.schreder.com · https://se.schreder.com · https://sk.schreder.com · https://ru.schreder.com · https://us.schreder.com . https://dk.schreder.com